Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Email Correspondence

Yeah that sounds like a good idea. Im going to take the bus around tomorrow and take pictures. Do you want to meet an hour before class on wednesday? so we can discuss everything before class. Im still trying to think how we can further utilize the girls. I guess we can ask shelley about type faces and Selma about our esthetics. I have been thinking it would be good if we could make most things pictures so that they are not language sensitive. we should also be considering the olympics are coming so that would be beneficial to have symbols that all nationalities can read. Maybe stick looking men carrying out the actions. very simple. anyway let me know if you can meet at 6 on Wednesday. cheers,

ml.

=================

Mike, that sounds like a great plan.

We can ask Shelley to summarize some great typefaces that are typically used for applications such as ours, and possibly some up and comer typefaces.

Selma can give us some examples of excellent examples of human factors, in other industries, that deal with way finding (for example the airport/nuclear industry). Primarily with the questions "where am i now" and "how do i know that i'm where i want to be".

I think symbols are are the way to go whenever possible as you suggest. No wonder some people don't know that they should push on the door to get out sometimes!

Photos - great idea! That will help us out a lot. I want to jump on the bus too, but i'm finding it tough to keep up with my current course load... ahhh, i'll try if i get a chance.

BTW, I picked up some photocopies from the library the other day (Low-Floor Transit Buses). It's some sort of bus study. I'll try to read it before we meet!

I'll see you at 6pm on Wed. Bread Garden? I can bring my laptop, I think BG has free wireless.

Eugene

No comments: